Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Big 7 segment display from round LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobakava

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to built big (>20 cm height) 7 segment display from round (3-5 mm LEDs) on a single sided PCB.

Do you have such drawing already?

You can find it in an EPE article with pcb and everything.

Ante :roll:

Velleman kit K2567 CA and K2568 CC

A couple of projects from the web using individual LEDs for seven segment display:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I drawn mine 50 and ~30 LEDs per segment. (300 leds in total) how many LEDs should be in a series connected group? My driver can supply required current... (50x10-15mA)

I want to make this display clearly visible on open-air even in the sunny days. My drawing has 28cm height digits and I plan to use bright red LEDs... and 300 LED for per digit... Do you think it is enough or too much?

LED's aren't too great for outdoor daytime use due to viewing angle and brightness, although if you use clear high brightness LED's then you should get away with it. I made a 10 * 10 scrolling LED message display not too long back, I only had 2 days to construct and program it so ended up buying standard red LED's from the local store. Fine for indoor use in dark environments, but impossible to see outside.

You can see in EPE magazine November and December 1999 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back