Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bidrectional transmission in coaxial cable with RF and power

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhagavanec67

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one,

I have a question regarding bidirectional transmission with RF and power in a coaxial cable. Is it possible to pass a RF signal from one end and a DC voltage from another end of a coaxial cable. I gone through the older posts before posting this question. Those responses are helpful but I need some more clarification about this.

If the above situation is possible Please help regarding that.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for useful reply,

but in my case i am sending rf signal from point and dc from another that is the DC voltage is in opp direction of RF transmission. So will it be useful in that case

A Bias-T doesn't care about RF and DC direction. You find the setup you're asking for between any satellite receiver and LNB.

A Bias-T doesn't care about RF and DC direction. You find the setup you're asking for between any satellite receiver and LNB.

then will it be possible to send some digital data using this. If yes how to over come the interference between the data/power and RF in the cable.

You'll check the signal parameters and bias-T corner frequencies. There will be no interferences in the cable, at worst case either a certain crosstalk (signals not completely separated) or signal attenuation (signal partly rejected by the bias-T).

Put known actual signal parameters (frequency, level) into the calculation.

Thanks a lot for your kind and quick responses.

Those answers helped me a lot so can u suggest me some of the bias t ICs/modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back