Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BiCMOS Vs CMOS Vs SOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesfet

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bicmos

Anyone have ideas or materials comparing the differences between BiCMOS, CMOS and SOI??

What're the major differences between BiCMOS and CMOS? I mean in term of performance and circuit design flexibility, not the structural or physical differences.

Bicmos..IS TOO EXPENSIVE :(

BiCMOS means Bipolar(mainly NPN PNP) and CMOS (mainly PMOS NMOS).
CMOS is simpler than BICMOS.it need less mask layers.BiCMOS is more complexer than CMOS. it is mainly for high performance analog circuit. CMOS is mainly for digital circuit.

pnp is not used in bicmos process. pmos is enough.

mesfet said:
Anyone have ideas or materials comparing the differences between BiCMOS, CMOS and SOI??

What're the major differences between BiCMOS and CMOS? I mean in term of performance and circuit design flexibility, not the structural or physical differences.

SOI ( PD-SOI more common) has advantage in low power, high performance
digital design, such as uProcessors. Check ISSCC technical papers from IBM.

some material about CMOS and BiCMOS process

hey its in french....can i get pdf's in english plz....urg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back