Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biasing Small Signal RF amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIF

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any help on design a bias circuit for Class A amplifier for small signal to satisfy Stable amplifier for Temp.,with low Power consumption(for example:BFR93A NPN,Vce=6V,Ic=1.5mA).And what is the best configuration of the bias network.if there is a Rule of Thumb of the value of VE,VB,RE,R1,R2,RC of the network it will be good.if there is application note explain this subject I will appreciate that.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can use as starting point the free program Appcad. There are some nice bias calculation routines. It can be downloaded from :

hxxp://www.hp.woodshot.com/

(replace xx with tt).

About the theory, it can be found in the book (and in many other books) by Gonzales " Microwave Tranzistor Amplifiers Analysis and Design", chapter 3. It was available some time ago at the mcu, if you don't find it send me a PM.

rgds,
Al

The following Application Note from Agilent should be helpful.

this transistor has model in pspice .and you can use it for simulation. For circuit which you seek I think that you can see many example of class A in Razavi's book - RF Microelectronics ( in chapter LNA)

thanks AL0117,I find it very useful,but I think the configuration for (RE,RC,R1//R2) is not available in AppCAD! and I think this configuration is the best for Temp. Stability over large change such as ±50C°,what you think?

Mr. J1Lee Where is the application note!

Added after 14 minutes:

Thanks Mr.J1Lee,I find the appnote it is very useful.

regards

Appcad has the capability you need.
Go Active Circuits, scroll down twice, or more, and you will find the bias calculator you need.
g579

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back