Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biasing of Op-amp if Audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am not a expert in Amplifeir based circuit, and confused with seing a audio amplifier circuit. I had seen that input is connected through op-amp non-inverting via a capacitor. From where op-amp is getting its biased current supplied in this circuit as capacitor will block any DC?

Do you mean just a capacitor is connected to the IN+ of an opamp?... If so I wonder if the amplifier can work linearly and be stable, unless that capacitor is lossy so it also provides a DC path.

Yes, I meant that capacitor, and I read some where that we sohuld provide some return path for biased current, but from where biased current is supplied.
I have seen audio amplifier circuit and I did not found if it would be written that biased current will be through capacitors leakage.

You are right to be confused...
In this case only a real experiment that you can build can give you the right answer.
You know, there are many reasons that let a schematic be not complete as intended therefore it cannot reflect a real working circuit.
For instance, serious discussions can be shared if a schematic is fully clear for all sides.

Two comments:
- are you sure, you are talking about a standard OP amp? There are many special devices for audio applications that have internal bias. You can refer to LM386 as a popular example. I don't think, that the problem can be discussed seriously without knowing the part number
- in any case, I would prefer to see a schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.