Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biasing network design in high power Solid State Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrV

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am looking for good references about biasing network design in high power solid state amplifiers.

Of course Google can be the answer but are there any references that are the must to read.

Regards,
J.

Re: Biasing network design in high power Solid State Amplifi

Now depends very much what kind of RF power transistors you are using: BJT, GaAs, LDMOS, GaN, etc. For example the bias circuits use different approaches to get constant voltage and current vs temperature.

Hello,

The FET devices are GaAs, LDMOS and GaN.

I am looking for general references, papers, that are the must to read.

Regards,
J

you don't need papers to design a biasing network.
It's not really hard.
In my opinion, there is no proper rules saying how to do according the device technology.
But by simulation you will see what is the best way for your application.
design engineers have often different point of view regarding this topic, you can hear all and the contrary.

All right..all are FETs..
So...somewhere in this world exist a common bias for GaAs, LDMOS and GaN power transistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back