Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biasing and cmfb circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SquiD_

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
common mode feedback circuit

Who can help me with an biasing circuit and a cmfb circuit for the attached LNA ?

_Squ!D_

I have to make a sampling circuit using such LNA's .... the frequency will be aprox. 100KHz.

then you are going to use it in Switched mode. Then you can use SC-CMFB, which is better in performance compared to other CMFB's.
You can refet to this paper Analysis of Switched-Capacitor common-mode feedback circuit by choksi, carley

Thanks, arunkumar446 for the paper. :D I found this CMFB version in Gray's book. But not with an analysis; the paper seems quite useful. Does anyone have any other papers with other CMFB analysis ?

_SquiD_

dual phase SC-CMFB is described in this paper

this paper has a ota + SC-CMFB it has classic sentences

this paper has a little info.

Attachments

• mergepdfs-7_7340.pdf
    302.2 KB · Views: 92

_SquiD_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Can anyone tell me what influences the value of the compensation capacitor ? How should it be in my LNA ? Can anybody give some advice?

_SquiD_

do you mean frequency compensation capacitor or some thing else related to SC_CMFB.

arunkumar446 said:
do you mean frequency compensation capacitor or some thing else related to SC_CMFB.

I was reffering to Cc of the LNA amplifier shown in the first figure of this topic.

_SquiD_

You are usign ribner compensation technique, in general it is said that compensating by this method is quite difficult, The original paper by Ribner is "Design techniques for cascode CMOS opamps with improved PSRR and common mode input range". in general we try to decrease the capacitance by merging cascode devices S and D, as in this technique we are connecting a capacitor so we have to have a contact which increases capacitance.

In this paper with simple mos model, transfer function shows it is a 3rd order. so it makes life difficult with this technique to design. but it's a very clever technique.

Added after 1 minutes:

The paper which i mentioned does the work for designing. Hope this helps.

arunkumar446 said:
You are usign ribner compensation technique, in general it is said that compensating by this method is quite difficult, The original paper by Ribner is "Design techniques for cascode CMOS opamps with improved PSRR and common mode input range". in general we try to decrease the capacitance by merging cascode devices S and D, as in this technique we are connecting a capacitor so we have to have a contact which increases capacitance.

In this paper with simple mos model, transfer function shows it is a 3rd order. so it makes life difficult with this technique to design. but it's a very clever technique.

Added after 1 minutes:

The paper which i mentioned does the work for designing. Hope this helps.

Are you willing to share this paper with us ?

_Squ!D_

Added after 7 minutes:

The thing is that I'm kinda of blocked. I don't know what to do with this LNA ... I found it in holberg and allen ... and it is beyond me. I can't understand how big the currents should really be all around this circuit, the sizing of the transistors, the analysis of this amp and effectively the low noise functionality of this LNA. I have to admit that I'm more a novice in analogic design but I'm so willing to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back