Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bias voltage generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMALEAO

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I was thinking in building a bias circuit to bias my circuits when I am designing them. I would like to know if it is a good idea to build some sort of closed box with several bias voltages and if some of you have done this. Is there someone who has done this kind of circuit, and want to share his thoughts and the way it did it? Besides the type of circuits used to make this, what other consideration should I take into account? For example, transistor sizing, or if is there any rule to generate several biasing voltage for example is we will be using them to bias a folded cascade?

Regards.

If you expect you'll often need a particular voltage, then it makes sense to have a fixed supply for it. Example, 5V, 3.3V, bipolar supply for op amps, etc.

Other than that, I think it's more versatile to have a variable supply voltage. My homemade power unit has two variable supplies, each 0-16V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back