Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bias circuitry for DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

togopakumar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dac bias

hi all

I am doing 8 bit DAC and going with the thermometer architecture. can anyone suggest me,how to design the bias circuitry to bias the current sources. it will a great help for me.

hi

You can use simply a cascode current mirror, if you probably have cascode current source architecture, and a gain boosting architecture to transfer the voltage bias into current one.

hi nassim_el85

thank you.can u tell me from which book or site which i can download the required cascode current source architecture and gain boosting architecture.

hi

Dr Razavi's book on Design of Analog CMOS circuits have an interesting chapter on bandgap and also current mirrors.

Try this link, this could be a good article for you..

Code:
http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6339252&spacedesc=designideas&industryid=44217

Status
Not open for further replies.