Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi-birectional wireless serial link

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZJRS

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
low power wireless serial link

Hey,

I am looking at designing a project, and I need a bi-directional serial link between two microcontrollers. Does anyone know any chipsets that could acomplish this. I have the following restrictions;

1) I do no wish to use commercial rs232 transmit/recieve modules as these are too expensive, and two pairs would be reqd for bidirectional comms
2) The link does not have to be bidirectional at the same time, i.e. there is a master and a slave, both will not be transmitting/recieving at the same time.
3) If preferable i would not like to use bluetooth, but if there is no other alternative then this would be ok, hopefully someone could point me in the direction of some good introductory documents and a good bi-dir bluetooth chipset then this would be ok i gues
4) Range is ~20M radius of the xmitter

Thanks alot for any help

bi birectional

Hi !
I've made for my final work at University a Unidirectional IR link.
I've made the Modulator and demodulator by myself (Here in Argentina there aren't special ICs for buying, just the most common). I used PIM modulation.

Sorry I should have mentioned that the reciever will be hidden, so IR is not suitable

Thanks for your reply

check out various product options of these ...
http://www.nvlsi.com/
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

they produce low power RF IC which can be usefull for your idea

-GOD IS GREAT

HI
Motorola have two application note for this

AN1687 "A full featured wireless interface for RS-232 communications"

AN1691 "Practical solutions for medium data rate wireless communications"

You could try to use the CSR bluetooth cable replacement design, You can get the circuits from www.csr.com.

Phil.

You might be able to find something here Wireless Serial RS232
I bought their serial Bluetooth adapter to integrate with a low power wireless voltmeter and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back