Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way to suppres inductor(relay coil) transients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason that I suggest seperate supplies is to isolate the logic from the power circuit. As soon as a heavy load is switched even with RC snubbers,
varistors etc. the circuitry will start to fail again! Try switching 10 amps/120VAC RMS...

The optocoupler only improves the coil to contact isolation and will alieviate interference. A good quality relay and a relay driver (ULN280x seies) should suffice. KEEP the power return ground seperate from the logic ground and tie only at a single point!!!

Guyaneseboy

I did not understand how the logic could fail if relays are operated from 48V that means separate power for logic and relays . Is there something temporary bjt c-b break when relay is off ?

artem said:
I did not understand how the logic could fail if relays are operated from 48V that means separate power for logic and relays . Is there something temporary bjt c-b break when relay is off ?

Elementary Watson, ...seyyah said ground tracks weren't separated :(

Regards

try to separate digital gropund and analog ground, ihave same probl;em with this grounding and this teknique working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back