Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way to simulate microstrip filter with EM shielding in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig-11101

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I have coupled microstrip filter, designed in Genesys. PCB i'm designing it for will be covered with EM shielding, and I have to simulate filter with shielding, to be sure it will work.

So the question is - can someone tell, what is the best way to import design from Genesys to CST, while saving each trace individuality, so I could later optimize filter in CST? I have CST 2010 Microwave, Microstrip and CST Design available.

I Had an idea, to redraw design in CST Design, and later import it in CST MS/MW, but I cant find any option of importing CST Design model into CST Microwave / Microstrip.

Thanks for help!
Tim

I am not sure whether Genesys can export PCB into other form, like ASCII, ODB++, etc?

CST MS do support variety of importing formats.

Got this problem resolved by simply redrawing topology to the CST by myself.

Still, you can test circuit made in genesys with CST trough export/import as gerber or dxf, but this method does not allow you to make any modifications, when structure is imported into CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back