Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best software to design rf pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvdeepaknair

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads simulation software student version

can anyone suggest me a good software by which i can draw the printed circuit boards for antenna, microstrips, and other rf components. if anyone can suggest a software that can transfer the design of hfss to any pcb software then it will be a great help me.
thanks ....

best rf simulation software

Hi
U can use software called PADS.
https://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/pads/
free student version is available.
If u r using software like HFSS or ADS or any rf simulation software.
they provide facility to convert your designed layout in it gerber file.
so u can use that file for PCB making.
for antenna u can use cad software.
Abhishekabs

best software for pcb

try electronic workbench i think it'as the best for designing circuit board or antennas

rf pcb design softwrares for free

If ur going to make pcb upto 2 layers, then sprint layout 5 is the best. It is very user friendly & very cheap also.

top pcb software

the protel is easy to use, it can satisfy your application

Hi,

Major application software uses the dxf standard. What you need to do is to export from and import to...

Goodluck...

Hey

This more a question than an answer, can you use the layout capabilities in ADS?

Hi,

Yes we can, but we shouldn't expect ADS to perform like Mentor Graphics or Altium does. ADS layout is more on RF.

I've attached the example layout, we can also output the file on dxf , gerber and other format.

Goodluck...

yeah ADS layout editor is intended for RF layout , which is usually a samll part of the board , then this layout is exported to one of the PCB design tools , to complete the all circuit

khouly

thanks,

So after you finish the schematic, you do the layout and then you still have to use another software to finish the layout, am I right?

According to my knowledge.
When you create layout, then you make Gerber file from layout itself.
no different software is used, ADS do al things.
I am attaching one file which will clear all your doubts.
Still face any problem tell me
Abhishekabs

In my opinion...
The best software is Cadence SPB I have ever used for RF-Microwave and for other applications in terms of accuracy,scalability,flexibility,compatibility.It's also very user friendly and last version is direct linked to ADS to simulate the PCBs.

But more accuracy is required for mmW applications (beyond 20GHz) AutoCAD based softwares are quite popular.

But in this case, Cadence IC layout editor is also used for this purpose..

There are many objectives to be considered..

ADS, Microwave Office for the RF/MW part. For me the difference MW Office looks better :), but I guess ADS has more accurent simulation tools.
Cadence has advanages when you want big layout with maybe other analog parts, digital part etc.
Mainly a microwave pcb is very small, contains just some active devices, MMICs and some microstrip line, bypass capacitor, a regulator IC, and some SMA connector.

Added after 4 minutes:

and I have never used more layers for microwave design, just one layer and a full ground layer and a huge amount of vias in the critical parts.

yeah , i agree with drabos

i have used ADS in Microwave design , the microwave part is small , with just one layer

ADS showed a great accuracy and the measurent results are very close to simulations

khouly

I would use a Microwave Soft for calculation of trace widths and a PCB Software for the PCB Design.

Ansoft designer is good as well , but it is still new ,

i perfer ADS , then MWO

khouly

Free version or say Student version of Ansoft designer is available so any one can use it.
Good facilities are provided in free version also.
ADS & MWO are too Costly for student to purchase.

Protel DXP is the best i think
but how much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back