Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best simulator for antique analog engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecTr?

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is much mentioned about tools for digital design, but hardly anything for analog in comparison. I suppose that living in a mostly d i g i t a l world could be a reason. But what about the small niche that exists in the musical instrument and audiophile world where vacuum tubes are still very much alive and well? Accuracy of design is also very important here, but because it is not in great demand, very litte info seems to be available with respect to (hopefully excellent) design and simulation on a PC. Has anyone out there any input on this antiquated subject of vacuum tube amp design?

Thanks, e

Hi electr?
I will try to give him my opinion in this respect
the first thing is to look for or to have a simulation Software in format spice anyone
many of this software has in its bookstores diodes, triodes (pentodos) of vacuum tubes , with these three components you can designers a Pre or amplifier with tubes, in the internet there are countless places where you can obtain this bookstores of components in formats spice to be simulated
good luck

Look at **broken link removed** and try ICAP with these spice models

Hi. Micr0-cap 7 comes with libraries for tubes, is very easy to use and tiny compared to most other simulators.

Full version and cr@ck should be in FM.

See these post for models

h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?t=29034&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

tube´s spice models

hi:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

factory: hxxp://vac-amps.com/index.html

regards,
pool_77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor