Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Schematic Capture/PCB combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchadwick

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best schematic capture

I've used OrCad, Protel, and Multisim. I was thinking of trying Multisim and Ultiboard, but was wondering what experience others have had. I'm looking for something that has a big parts database, is easy to use, and doesn't crash every 15 minutes. Is Multisim/Ultiboard a good choice?

best schematic capture & pcb

Small Design yes because the learning curve is about 3hrs
if you go higher than 200 net the the netlist is buggy all the nets doesn't translate fron multisim to ultiboard correctly.

Part creation is an hassel too in multisim (medium ic and higher the text doesn't align properly)

If you consider yourself good with Orcad or protel then stick with them don't waste your time with Multisim(unless you simulate, and don't want to use Pspice)

Cheers

best schematic capture

I think Protel is the best software for the beginner.

best schematic pcb

Protel DXP is very easy to learn, with great PDF tutorials included.

OrCAD have a very big parts database, and it have never crashed when I have use it.

Hi rchadwick

I beleive Eagle is the perfect program you need.

www.cadsoft.de

Also there is a working light demo version.

CHECK THIS!

Dear everybody

yeah, with my experience is, with normal design, I use Orcad Capture CIS and PowerPCB, for High Speed design: Orcad capture for drawing schematic and Cadence Allegro for Layout, with Allegro You can setup constrain for many thing( whaterever the Logic Designer need ), and sometime I also use Mentor Expedition. this is a dificull tool, but it is also powerfull, everything depend on You and requirement of Design.

Regards

Concat

I recommend Protel as it is easy to use and its library contains most of the symbols/footprints required for the simulation/ pcb layouts.

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back