Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best RTOS for PC/104 beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hericz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just started a project with PC/104 system from diamondsystem (hercules-EBX). I'm a fresh beginner of this kind of stuff. I was a uC programmer without RTOS (Rabbitsemiconductor.com).

I'd like to know which RTOS is suitable for beginner like me, i need the one with GUI or at least able to draw fullscreen picture on 12" LCD's.

I have read a few about rtLinux, WinCE, and QNX but haven't decide yet, because I don't really understand what they do and don't..

Thanks...

Hi
PC104 is a real PC. So, just use DOS or windows. Of course, Linux is another good alternative.

Hmm.. I see now..

But, how to install the Operating system, where suppose I write my software for the system?Can I do some mother & child configuration the way I wrote for microcontrollers?

Sorry, i still confused with this new tiny board..

HI
Connect pc104 module with floppy,harddisk, keyboard and mouse. And, install windows OS just like what you normally do on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back