Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best numerical tehniques for simulating UWB antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherb

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

what are the best numerical tehniques for simulating UWB antennas?

regards,
Sherb

UWB antennas simulation

I think for large structures you need FDTD, for smaller ones MoM may be employed, for very small strucutres FEM can also be used

sherb

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
UWB antennas simulation

you may also use the MOM or FEM method combine the AWE method.

Re: UWB antennas simulation

Since you're simulating UWB antenna you need results for a large number of frecuencies so you should use a time domain method like FDTD which generates results for many frecuencies at the same time.

UWB antennas simulation

i think cst mws is suitable fo the simulation of uwb antenna. its transient analysis is very good !

UWB antennas simulation

sorry IICCEE what do you mean by the AWE method, I haven't heard of it before?

sherb said:
sorry IICCEE what do you mean by the AWE method, I haven't heard of it before?

AWE is the Asymptotic Waveform Evaluation method. It expands the matrix elements in a Taylor series with respect to frequency to evaluate the derivative of the Z matrix with respect frequency. The derivatives you have the greater the bandwith of your approximation.

Almost every frequency domain comercial solver uses some variation of this method to compute a frequency sweep. For instance ALPS is essentialy the same but a Pade expansion instead of a Taylor series. Computing every frequency point is very wasteful.

UWB antennas simulation

thank you very much wiley for your brief description. Actually I became very interested, is there some place where I can get more details?

UWB antennas simulation

I think cst microwave studio which is based on finite integration method is better that xfdtd. The former can mesh the structure in nonuniform way which can save a lot of computer resource and time with the same accuracy with that using xfdtd.

Why not HFSS or IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back