Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BEST Electronic magazine and Websites.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi am a regular reader of electronics for you from 2003. According to me efy is the best.

Elektor electronics
Every day practical electronics

i think both are very good and helpful

Hi am a regular reader of electronics for you from 2003. According to me efy is the best.

EFY enjoys the monopoly in indian electronic market , i agree that, but it doesn't have quality engineering projects like in ELEKTOR magazine. i am a regular subscriber of these two so i know the difference.

if you have any doubt go and check there international site and indian site

ELEKTOR.com | Electronics: Microcontrollers Embedded Audio Digital Analogue Test Measurement

Elektor India (Indian version)

EFY enjoys monopoly but the project quality is the same since quite long but the printing quality and the advertsements have drastically increased since then..Projects on other magazines are upto advanced level where as in EFY same old timer and digital ICs' . If published too, the Microcontroller based projects are not upto ones expectations. Even when we buy kits from Kitsn spares the PCB's are sub-standared, sub quality with wrong marking and some PCB are such where components are not inseratble in the given places. Just to say in simple, EFY is purely INDIAN mangazine.

i won't say efy is the best but i am subscribing from many years i agree with pranam ji lots of mistakes i don't know why after testing those projects in their lab won't run in our workshop here is one example if you connect circuit like this i don't think seven segment will display!
pranam ji would you pm me i have something to share with you rfid reader

Attachments

• Ultrasonic Distance Meter.pdf
    698.2 KB · Views: 108

efy magazine contains lots of mistake because they don't test there circuit but in elektor like international magazine tests and verifies there every circuit. the problem they have got is that ( i thing ) they don't display there assembly programs in there magazine (but efy does). there programs has to be downloaded from there sites.

Can i purchase Elector in india ?
please give the details ? what is the price ?

and link thanks

yes you can. go to there website at Elektor India. you can purchase it through e payment or just by sending DD through regular post.

In news stalls the price is 100rs.
for subscription 1000rs for 12 copies.

in order of priority
circuit cellar,elektor
QEX
efy (india)
edn
eetimes
hackaday

Last edited:

in order of priority

I'm guessing it's in order of priority to you. Since QEX covers topics related to amateur radio and radiocommunication experimentation, I'm guessing you're interested in that field. The other magazines are more general-purpose covering various fields. You forgot EPE and SiliconChip. These are quite interesting as well.

As I see most of websites request money to access news and whole information.
I think eetimes is more useful to get lastest news for electronics.
Actually I need one more website like eetimes.Another websites you shared don't offer many news or they request money and subscription for reading whole news and info.

First of all, th projects in EFY used to have errors. Since then, dey have set up a new methodology which uses "tested by EFY" stamp to verify all the guaranteed project hands -on articles. Unless i or my friends who i do my projects with have made a mistake by bad soldering, or simply messing up the instructions, we have been able to complete those projects. So I can vouch for the fact that the current EFy prjects are error free based on experience.

As I see most of websites request money to access news and whole information.
I think eetimes is more useful to get lastest news for electronics.
Actually I need one more website like eetimes.Another websites you shared don't offer many news or they request money and subscription for reading whole news and info.
Regarding news articles on electronics there are different sites based on what part of electronics you want to know about. examples are radio-electronics.com, tmworld.com. If you want all in one place (news, circuits, videos, projects) then try electronics4u.com.

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Hi Santoshaxl, We have prototype of this ultrasonic distance meter circuit and which is working well. can you tell us why seven segment display will not work in this circuit? You may be having solid reasons which we would like to share for improvement....! You may reply to efylab@efyindia.com

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Hi Pranam77, the quality of PCBs supplied by Kits'n'Spares have been improved. Earlier it was in paper epoxy and now it has been upgraded to glass epoxy PCB. You must be having an old PCB...! As far as wrong PCB is concern, kindly mention the name of the project, so that we can take corrective action. Rest assured we are open to suggestions for improvement as it is our magazine, including you...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back