Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best connector to use for high speed design for embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

zchrish

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to design a small embedded board and am looking for the right connector to use as a module interface. I have looked at SMARC but I cannot find a connector that allows the board to remain upright (90 degrees perpendicular) wrt the carrier board. I am currently thinking about using a DDR3 connector since it seems to have the characteristics I am looking for. I am planning to create embedded modules (SOM) using processors like iMX6, Atomâ„¢ E38xx Series SoC, AMD G-Series SOC, etc... The primary high speed signals passing through the DDR3 connector would be PCIe, USB and SATA. Is this a good connector for this purpose or is there a low-cost alternative that could work. Please advise; thank you.

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.