Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best chipset for GSM voice calling with bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian99us

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am student in Mannheim University.

As a project I have to design a simple "mobile phone" with no interface of its own. The cell phone needs to have a built in bluetooth chip that would connect to a bluetooth headset. All the interaction with the phone will be through the bluetooth headset. A single telephone number hardcoded in the cell. Tap on the bluetooth headset button dials the number.
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I was wondering if I could use SIM900 (which I have read about a lot on this forum) with some other bluetooth module or is there a special chipset that would fit the bill perfectly.
I don't need any data.. or sms all I need is voice telephone calls.
Thanks for any help!
Marian

p.s. I speak English just fine, but if someone can explain it to me in German I would be very grateful!

Thank you for the reply.
But I think I couldn't explain myself properly, please excuse my english... I am looking for the MOST basic single chip GSM chipset (even better with Bluetooth built-in). So with such a chip I want to be able to put in a SIM card, power her up and start sending calling commands over bluetooth or maybe for testing purposes through serial port.
Thank you so much
Marian

one thing there are speech recognition IC and kits already available. they are HM2007 IC,
visit for more details
N S K E L E C T R O N I C S
or Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development

forcheck this part number from Qualcomm " MSM6800A "

thank you for your answer.
So, here is my response (I hope translate.google.com does a good enough job!)

The objective:
- Single chip cellular phone
- This single chip only needs to do one thing: make telephone calls with SIM card
- The only method of user interface with the chip would be through bluetooth (ergo chip must have bluetooth)
- So, the finished product would do the following:
- Take a SIM card inside it
- Connect to a Bluetooth handset
- Take commands (make calls, accept calls, reject calls and SMS but no internet connection) from the Bluetooth device

please please please don't give up on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back