Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best and simple launguage for serial ,parrellel and USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

My work is mainly Microcontroller related product development.

I have not much experience in PC based software. Only Some basic experience in C and used a few packages for Setup making and Autorun CD creation.

I want to learn a Windows based software package which I can use to develop front end applications for my microcontroller based devices or applications,like MIcrocontroller device programmers or some data logging applications,which are interfaced to PC through serial ,parrellel or USB ports.

Hope my purpose is clear. I am looking for a reasonably user friendly programming envirnment which has some good easy control over serial ,parrellel and USB ports.

Which you experinced engineers are using in such a situation, and which you will advice for my purpose?

With thanks and regards

picstudent

Hi. Here is ebook for USB:

Best Regards.

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Best and simple launguage for serial ,parrellel and USB

Hi~~

I think you can use .NET Framework for making such kind of applications if you want to execute the application in the MS Windows. I have used Visual C++ .NET. They provide some well-established libraries for your work.

UroBoros

Re: Best and simple launguage for serial ,parrellel and USB

I will have to use Visual basic 6 for RS232 and USB2.0 control.

RS232 is not complicated and you can find useful things on the web and some books at this forum. USB implementation is done using, eg. FTDI chip FT245BM which has windows drivers for VB6,C++ and many other programs (dll and virtual com port).

UroBoros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back