Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginning with Microcontrollers and Zigbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilkd

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zigbee getting started

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the right board or not! I was hoping I could get some references or tutorials to get started with microcontrollers and Zigbee. There's probably a sticky'd topic somewhere with some of this stuff, but I couldn't find it...

Anyway, I'm relatively new to programming with micro controllers and embedded systems; I have SOME experience with Atmel chips, but it is really very very little. I'm trying to get started putting a basic Zigbee system together. Right now, I just want to basically get some nodes talking to a coordinator. All the Zigbee tutorials I've found are very high-level, and what I need is a very basic walk through so I can get started!!

The system I'm trying to build is pretty simple, pretty much just trying to get a coordinator computer/base station to tell a node to output a pwm signal, and have other nodes tell the computer/base station what time it received a certain stimulus (say, a voltage rises above a certain value).

A former employee put in an order for a bunch of components, so I want to try and use them if possible. He got a Microchip ICD 2 kit, a PIC MCU C Compiler from CCS, some 2.4 GHz Microchip RF Zigbee transceivers, a PIC16 F726 Microchip microcontroller, and some other things like DC-DC converters and USB connections.

Thanks for your help,
Neil

PS I hope I haven't been confusing in explaining myself, but if so I will be happy to try and clear anything up!

Status
Not open for further replies.