Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginners questions about FPGA and microcontroller core

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishjindal76

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help wanted

hi all

I'm very much new to FPGAs. there r few querries which i think u can help me with that. firstly like i have the 8051 microcontroller core n i would like to to programe that fpga after incorporating that core to fpga. how that would work? seondly what is the advantage of using fpga n what is the advantage of incorporating the microcontroller core to fpga as microcontrollers are cheap n readily available in the market.
is there any possibility to program the core say like 8051 in verilog/vhdl along with the controller code

regards

Ashish

3 same posts. Spamming. Other posts are deleted.
Warning!

--
makswell

Re: help wanted

regarding implementation of microcontroller core in fpga..people do this normally for prototyping of the design or when the concern to utilise two or more microcontrollers for a specific application.

To answer second question if you want to check the code or perticular program for your verilog or vhdl code you need to do following steps:

1) learn the assembly of the relevant core and try to implement small programs in assembler.
2) Disassemble your asm code and you will get binary codes of the program.
3) store the binary code in a file...this will act as input file instead of memory contents .
4) call this file from verilog or vhdl test bench and simulate it....
I hope this will do...

help wanted

hi there,i`m also new in this verilog thingy...i`m supposed to do a project on building a risc microprocessor using verilog...does anyone here have an 8bit verilog coding for an 8bit microprocessor...please e-mail me at ikhwanul_81@hotmail.com..i really in need of your help here.....my dateline is very near..please i`m beggin` please

help wanted

hi
Microcontroller core is implemented on FPGA normally to perform parallel processing or fast data processing

help wanted

microcontroller core has the advantage of fast calculate,which fpga doesn't,but fpga have advantage in logic,flexibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back