Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginners Guide to Start Embedded Programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaq

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the best way to learn embedded programming using raspberry pi 3 boards under Linux?
I have seen may interesting projects at Github and want to get involved in the development but most of the projects are complex with many files.
Where to start with a simple project with a comprehensive detail? I do have basic understanding of programming Atmel microcontrollers.

Hi,

Raspberry .... Linux?
I wonder if any one has done this before?

I'd try an internet search.
Maybe there are one or two results.

Klaus

Seems to be no shortage of languages to use, C, C++, Python, Java.....you have
a preference ? Do you have a focus, eg. networking, sensor work, AI....?

Interest in the more professional languages like C++, Java, or graphical programming
like Scratch ?

These days IDEs produce a lot of files that are used in base configuration
of processor and environment, most which you do not touch. So don't be over
whelmed by file count.

The web is full of ABC kinds of training for specific languages and many example
projects.

Regards, Dana.

There are many kits available on Amazon which is having sufficient amount of components and modules for a beginner, and rest you can order from some online sites like Digikey, Mouser, etc.
The kit that my son uses as a beginner is "Embedded Learner Kit" which is launched by Moonshot Jr. You can give it a look if it suits your needs.

If you want to start with something that already has a wide variety of code and can do a lot, take a look at marmo. https://mammalrobotics.com/
Looks like they only ship to the US though.

Status
Not open for further replies.