Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner resources for Linux students

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_chaitanya

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys
i am student studying embedded system design
i am trying to learn linux .i have few question.
it will be helpful if you all can guide me through these

1 . which book to start with ?(presently going through beginning linux programming by worx publication)**broken link removed**

2. this book lack exercises so i could not check how much i have learned , it will be helpful if you could suggest me some links or books where i will get chapter wise questions to practice.

3. as i will be facing interviews in a month or two so which all chapters i need to study (if anybody wants i can post the content of above mentioned book )in depth so that i can easily ***** the interviews.

4. few question which i can expect during interview??

thank you for your support and guidance
i_chaitanya

Re: beginning with linux

You want to learn embedded linux which is quiet vast. Refer to O-Reilly's Building Embedded Linux Systems and Embedded Linux Primer by Christopher Hallinan. These will give you an idea on the how embedded linux environment is like. To actually start working, you need to be at least a bit familiar with device drivers and how to do application programming using drivers. Also, you need to be familiar with using the command line in linux and shell scripting .

Status
Not open for further replies.