Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner in MPS430 need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobb

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi .. I like to begin work with mps430 any body could tell me the good or bad about it compare to AVR or Pic.. I think it looking good but I have no idea about it. I have been working with pic and avr but I also want to try other micro as well. So if any body could give me shrot description of it that will be very good. I have been in texas website. But I still confusing about how fast .. how good etc..

Thanks for your help

All MSP430 has bulti in ADC(somtimes it's convertionals, some time slope).

msp430 uC's are designed for low power and ultra low power systems and seem to be very good in that. Last experience i had with them was 2 years ago when development tools were not mature enough (or my univ couldn'd afford good ones). It's a good uC but probably only as good as the engineer who designs with it ;-).

Antharax

MSP430 chips is low cost, low power, fast, good peripheral controllers (timers, Uarts (SPI), ADC, watchdog) ....
For MSP430 is available good C compiller with incircuit (very simple JTAG dongle) programmer and debugger.

MSP430 are very good microcontrololers. The only limit is memory. The biggest one have 60kB FLASH and 2kB RAM. If many applications, this is not enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.