Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Sizing Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

uoflcards

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

I have a question about battery sizing. I have designed a sensor using EagleCAD and it consists of a 4 amp circuit and a small bluetooth module. The total load for both the circuit and the bluetooth module is 49.92 mA or .04992 Amps when in operation mode. I would like to find the appropriate coin cell battery to power my design for about 3-5 hours when in use. Can someone point me to the steps on how to find the appropriate battery?

Thanks,
Alan

You can use battery manufacturer datasheet, and look expected battery life based on battery capacity and used current/resistance/discharge time parameters.

Attachments

• CR2032 Energizer.pdf
    189 KB · Views: 50
  • CR2032 Maxell.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 45

if u have an android cellphone or tablet, go to playstore and install the electrodroid app, its free and as a table.of dif. batts with their sizes and capacity. Else just digg in the web. godspeed.

if u have an android cellphone or tablet, go to playstore and install the electrodroid app, its free and as a table.of dif. batts with their sizes and capacity. Else just digg in the web. godspeed.

What Android cellphone or tablet? 8-O

Thread question is :

Greetings,

I have a question about battery sizing. I have designed a sensor using EagleCAD and it consists of a 4 amp circuit and a small bluetooth module. The total load for both the circuit and the bluetooth module is 49.92 mA or .04992 Amps when in operation mode. I would like to find the appropriate coin cell battery to power my design for about 3-5 hours when in use. Can someone point me to the steps on how to find the appropriate battery?

Thanks,
Alan

thread question is " . Can someone point me to the steps on how to find the appropriate battery? "8-O

He mention bluetooth module, where you see cellphone ? Read whole thread question.

He also mention coin battery.

Read whole and correctly thread question.

to use a android aplication called electrodroid, wich is an app that has several electronic resources and calculators, and one of them is a extensive table of diferent cell coin batterys with their size name, chemistry, physical size and nominal capacity, u need a electronic device that uses the android OS, cellphones and tablets are the most common. So if by the way uoflcards has such a device, he can simply install the app and get the information that he needs.

but this is my simple advice in plain english. and im free to post what ever i want in compliance with forum rules. maybe its better u read this 3 times.

here we all win. have a nice christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.