Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery options for Wearables

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrutib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a wearable for medical application and I am searching for a rechargeable small size battery. I have searched a lot,but couldn't find one. Can anyone help me with some ideas/options?

Rechargeable hearing aids must have tiny batteries. Not sure about rechargeable electric toothbrushes.

The smallest rechargeable I have seen sold is 'N' size. 1.5V. About half the length of AAA. They were around a couple decades ago. You may need to search to find them today.

Each of my hearing aids use one tiny 312 zinc-air battery cell that is inexpensive and lasts for one week. Watches use the same cell. Rechargeable battery cells are not needed.
Toy and hobby remote controlled helicopters use a small rechargeable Li-Po battery cell.

What size is your wearable device? Do you know what is the current consumption? Most of today’s wearable devices (non-medical, iWatch for example) use lithium ion batteries. If the device is small and high current consumption, you don’t have much choice but go with lithium batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back