Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Indicator wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s a 20Amps full scale ammeter.
You need a large current in order to read some indications on it. What was the voltage and the load used for?

I have a 1.8ohm 320W load that I am using for testing. It actually sort of works now but isn't very accurate and I have noticed if I apply an instantaneous current the measurement is more accurate than if I ramp up slowly. I am going to return it to RS.

Perhaps iron magnet ammeters are inherently inaccurate or maybe its just this one or type...

Just been looking for digital display voltmeters for a power supply I'm building and came across a seller on EBay.
Loads of digital display Volt, Current meters at really good prices. Current meters up to 500 Amp.
They also sell the 500 Amp shunts needed to go with the meters.
Here's an item number to paste in the search box on EBay :330220177287
If you do have a look check out the sellers shop. They also ship worldwide.

Just thought it may help.

Thanks, just had a look. Those digital amp and voltmeters would ve been perfect but I ended up ordering a dual channel panel meter from RS.

Will keep this storefront in mind for future reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.