Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery charger circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
can any one please explain me how a 24V Li-ion battery gets charged through a constant current source,is there any IC having this facility battery input is 24VDC

with 24Vdc we cannot charge a 24V battery
each cell requires approx4.2V/cell

--babesh

Hi,
check pls by Analog Devices & Maxim...
K.

How much is capacity of the battery....

Try TI also..like BQ24600 etc.....

they cane be used upto the capacities of 10AH

Linear Technology has some solutions too..
K.

thank you it is very helpful link for me, if i am having any doubts i will ask you regard this circuit

hansika said:
thank you it is very helpful link for me, if i am having any doubts i will ask you regard this circuit

You're welcome :)

Hi all, i have found another IC(MAX1737) in maxim for battery charger circuit , upto now i am not mentioned how many li-ion cells i want to use, i am using a battery pack which will having 4 li-ion cells(3.6V 2.4Ah) in series that is in parallel wilh another 4 li-ion cells, so my battery pack consists gives me 14.4V and 4.8Ah totally, what i want to know is for this type of arrangement(parallel) that IC is suitable or not. i am having 24V DC as input.

Status
Not open for further replies.