Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basics of microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhruva

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i want to do a project on microstrip antenna an reading on this topic can any one tell
what is meant by impedance bandwidth
polar and cross polar components in E and H plane ? and their significance
what is significance of s11
dhruva:smile:

There are a lot of ways of measuring the performance of an antenna over a frequency band,(eg,impedance bandwidth,directivity bandwidth,gain bandwidth and so on),impedance bandwidth of the microstrip patch antenna is the band in which the reflection coefficient(S11) is less than -10dB.

well no offense intended but since you are asking for what is the significance of s11,i reckon that you have taken a dive straight into antennas without getting a formal understanding of applied electromagnetics and transmission lines.it is very important to know the basics before getting into the field of antennas and propagation.

Hopefully you will have it figured out,if not drop a line.

Regards
Sajid Mohammed.

can u tell what should read for microstrip antenna basic

There are a plenty of books.But the best one i would say is still antenna theory by balanis. explains things well with examples.this is just my preference,for a beginner,even though there are a plenty of books out there.

Regards
Sajid Mohammed.

Antennas by John Kraus is also an excellent book. He provides the theory on many types of antennas and has many practical design examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.