Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic C, advanced C, and embedded C

Status
Not open for further replies.

salma ali bakr

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I would like to know the difference between:

basic C, advanced C, and embedded C

cause i am really confused about that....
also, what each type is mainly used for???

thanks in advance,
Salma:D

The C language set is standardised. There are not different language sets as you have mentioned.

Applying the language to different platforms makes use of difference features in the languages.

For example in an embedded system memory may be a concern so code is written to minimise the impact and may not use heap allocation where as on a Microsoft Windows systems (google "Win32 C api tutorials") its not so much so and heap allocation can be used - not the best example but the only one that pops into my head ;)

Links:
http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/
http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

There is no such difference between basic C and advanced C. Actually the topics that are difficult to understand are cosidered as advanced C.

For example datatypes, control flow(if, while, for), functions, pointers can be considers as basic C.

Topics like specific algorithms (sorting, searching etc) , datastuctures (linked list trees graphs etc) can be consiered as advanced C.

I am not sure about embedded C. But we can use some lowlevel C for microcontrollers. Not all the funtions that the normal C provides may not be there. And some bit wise operations be there also. U may have to access some ports or some memory. There should be some help for that also.

Asslamo 3likom

The diffrance between C and Advanced C is just in the courses the 1st course in C is called basic C and the next course is called Advanced C.
There's no 2 cersions of C one is basic c and the other is advanced.
The issue how deep you dig into the lunguage and it's features , that's all

regarding Embedded C , it's not a ne lunguage too , it's the same C.
Embedded C is a concept when writing a program for an embedded Systems.
you can find on Eda board some books for Embedded C.
If you can't find contact me and I'll upload one for you

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

thanks alot guys
i guess i got the idea now
it is all about concepts and usage not different syntax or so

thanks hossam also for the islamic guide site...really beneficial

Salma:D

basic c - syntax, simple statements, loops
advanced c- pointers, structure, stacks, queue all using c
embedded c- hardware specific programming using c