Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandwidths of microstrip transmission line???

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrier

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what i can calculate the bandwidth of circuit having a microstrip transmission linn? if anyone have a reference please upload it.
thanks

Could you please re-phrase and describe your question a little better? If you have a circuit using microstrip transmission lines as interconnection, it is almost impossible that the microstrips will limit your bandwidth. What's your circuit anyway? Isn't the bandwidth definition a -3 dB point in the frequency amplitude response? Therefore where the microstrip has 3 dB attenuation, there's your bandwidth of the microstrip line...

The only things fundamentally limiting bandwidth in a microstrip circuit are the enclosure size (at very high frequencies the enclosure will support a waveguide mode) and the substrate thickness (thicker substrates do funny things at very high frequencies, 0.015 inch thick duroid should be ok to 18 GHz or so).

i want to design a microstrip matching circuit for UHF tv band in 470-860MHz. and i want to know that i could design the matching for 665MHz or anywhere.
thanks

Hi,

it is not the bandwidth of the microstrip line you are looking for, it is the bandwidth of your matching network then. It depends of the topology used. However, considering frequencies of interest, you will be better off using lumped elements for the matching. Microstrip line, depending of the technology, can be used in mm wave region.

fluhigh

THE BANDWIDTHS OF MICROSTRIP LINE IS VERY HUGE!
FROM 100MHZ TO 10GHZ !

Time for all of the Engineers on this board to re-calibrate. There are a rash of posts from students/neophytes that are inarticulate and do not mean at all what they are saying. This topic is a case in point, the guy is asking bandwidth of microstrip when he meant to ask about bandwidth of a lumped element UHF matching network. You can not take these simplistic questions at face value anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back