Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandpass filter OP07CP help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelAnne

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The band-pass filter filter (0.05HZ~100HZ) made with OP07CP as the op amp, got a strange waveform as shown in the figure. What is the reason for this?
1624605397027.png

1624605518099.png

The spikey waveform happens when square waves go through a series capacitor. It performs the math function known as differentiation. I think your input is the sine wave? So how can it get converted to a square wave? Running it through an op amp with extremely high gain.

Much information missing. What's the input waveform, where are CH1 and CH2 tapped? Power supply voltage?

You have a lowpass filter at the input then feed almost no high frequencies to the highpass filter.
The highpass filter should be at the input and its output should feed the lowpass filter.
EDIT: Your highpass filter uses extremely high value 47uF capacitors causing its cutoff frequency to be extremely low at about 0.03Hz!

Last edited:

The sims look OK from both transient and bode, although lot of phase
activity. Maybe you have Inv and NonInv switched on one of the OpAmps ?

1624625119113.png

1624625166358.png

1624625254876.png

Regards, Dana.

I think you want Butterworth highpass and lowpass filters.
Then instead of wrongly amplifying the highpass opamp, add a resistor to make the capacitor ratios 2:1.
Then instead of attenuating the input and wrongly amplifying the lowpass opamp, add a capacitor to make the capacitor ratios 2:1.

Attachments

• corrected bandpass filter.png
    corrected bandpass filter.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 146

Order of LPF and HPF considerations -

LPF first can reduce noise overall, a HPF first can reduce DC offsets......

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

I checked both filter sequences and you were correct with the highpass filter at the input so that the lowpass filter at the output cut hiss. I was wrong and here is why:

Attachments

• different filter sequence.png
    different filter sequence.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 148

Not sure I follow what you did here.

If passive done noise sources, the Rs, would contribute symmetrical to topology, so
no change. Same for S&K done with unity G followers. But if done with VCVS, different
G's, then order would make a difference ? Or am I missing something here ?

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back