Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] bandpass filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandFather1984

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
i have a question about designing a bandpass filter.
how can i design a bandpass filter in range of 1Mhz to 100Mhz ?
what should i do at first?
thank you in advance

Grandfather, at first you should give us a clear specification.
What means "in the range of 1 MHz to 100 MHz"?
Is this the passband? If yes, what about damping requirements for lower and larger frequencies?
Or do you want to realize a bandpass, which can be tuned within this range ? In this case: Which bandwidth resp. quality factor?

Dear LUV, thanks for your attention.
the low frequency of 3db is 1Mhz and the high one is 100Mhz.
the Gain of pass band is 100.
there is not any quality factor given but i think we can find it from the information of this question!
than you again

there is not any quality factor given but i think we can find it from the information of this question!

Fine, if you can find it ! (I don't know how).

Therefore, as a first attempt I would simply propose to use an active first-order highpass (1 MHz) and an active first-order lowpass 100MHz) in series.
That is the most simple solution leading to a 20dB-slope of the bandpass transfer curve.

it seems that i made a bad mistake,sorry for that and i appreciate what you are trying to do for me.
Dear Luv,do you know that is there any single bandpass filter? in fact it is asked that we should design a bandpass filter by using switch-capacitors!
i know it may change the problem but i'm new here and unfortunatly i think i'm new in Electronics because i know there are a lot of consideration to design but i don't know many of them.
sorry and i wounder if i have your help.
best regards

Dear Luv,do you know that is there any single bandpass filter? in fact it is asked that we should design a bandpass filter by using switch-capacitors!

There are many ways to realize a "single bandpass filter".
However, in your case with a very large passband (from 1 MHz to 100 MHz) the best solution consists of a series connection of a high pass and a low pass filter (as suggested before).
Each of both parts can be configured separately (because they are decoupled). And also the transition to s/c techniques can be done for each stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back