Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabihashirin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my project is about designing and development of Nth order bandpass filter..can i have any info regarding this thesis

You will find a lot of infos in the web. It's really not possible (and not appropriate) to give you a lesson here in the forum.
At first, clarify
* Which frequency range (because this question determines the technology)
* Active or passive.

suppose i have 2 divide a 5khz signal such that,each filter passes a a specific bandwidth like
*1st filter passes a frequency range of 1khz to 2khz
*2nd filter--(2.1khz t0 3khz) and so on 5th filter which passes a freq range (4.1khz to 5khz)
and when i give a input with a frequency range suppose 4.4khz so the output should come out from the 5th fliter..can u help me out regarding this problem

Now you mentioned a frequency range. Active and passive implementations are both available for it, in most cases, one would prefer active.

To decide about the implementation details, much of the specification is missing:
- stop band attenuation
- transition band width
- acceptable magnitude variation (ripple) in the pass band
- additional specifications about phase characteristic and time domain behaviour (e.g. pulse response)

For active or passive analog filters, most people refer to standard filter prototypes like Butterworth, Chebyshev, Cauer.

my project is about designing and development of Nth order bandpass filter..can i have any info regarding this thesis

Just for clarification:

With respect to the details mentioned in your last posting - you do not need a "Nth order bandpass" but rather something like a filter bank, which consists of five separate bandpass stages. the sharpness/selectivity of each stage depends on some specific requirements (as mentioned recently by FvM) .

please tell to design 5th order chebyshev filter with 3dB =5.77Mhz , passband ripple 1.2dB ,

how to implement "multiple bandpass filter" in spice software and the specifications which are needed and how to calculate them...

can u help me by providing any info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back