Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandgap Refernce Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a Brokaw Bandgap with a negative feedback to control the currents.

I have a small issue understanding how a small difference on the voltage of node 1 can be negated with this feedback.

I have an equation cluster but it seems I am missing something, or I am working the wrong way.

Can anyone guide me through this?

Thanks,

D.

I think it has two feedback ,0ne is positive and another is negetive ,Q2 and Q4 is negetive ,PT332 Q4 Q0 is positive,when negetive > positive it is stable

There is only one feedback, and I think is negative.

The issue is to keep the voltage at the gate of the TP332 as the voltage at the Drain of the mirror generator.

This stage is a single fet amplifier. Then the output stage is a BiCMOS output with the BJT base controlled by the buffered output (Vout).

I want to verify my equation derived by the hybrid model.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

D.

Whats your equation?

I disagree on your comment:"There is only one feedback, and I think is negative.". I also think it has 2 loops ,one is positive, another is negative. if your RRR0-8 is too small around 1/gm same order. the positive loop may conduct it unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.