Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandgap reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy@21

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to study this bandgap reference circuit. Please suggest.

1. The vbgt expression will be as follows( derivation.jpg).
2. Is it a low voltage folded bandgap reference circuit.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bandgap.png
    bandgap.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 205
  • derivation.jpg
    derivation.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 160

Thank you. the attached paper is useful. Is it a low voltage folded bandgap reference circuit.
Is the derivation of vbgt is correct?

Is it a low voltage folded bandgap reference circuit.

It should be correct assuming the resistances connected to nodes vn and vp are the same, i.e. IMP2=IMP4.

Is it a low voltage folded bandgap reference circuit.
I don't know what you mean with folded in this circuit. This is considered a "sub-bandgap voltage reference" since it is below the usual 1.25V bandgap voltage. Because of that, it can also operate at power supplies <1V (which can be considered "low voltage").

Thank you. I study this reference paper and see this derivation again.

Thank you. the attached paper is useful. Is it a low voltage folded bandgap reference circuit.
Is the derivation of vbgt is correct?
The short version of expression is that you add a PTAT current to a CTAT current to get a zero to absolute temperature (ZAT) current.
PTAT comes from \[\Delta\] VEB /R1 = VT ln (n) / R1.
CTAT voltage VEB is divided by (R2 + (R4||R5) to give a CTAT current.
Both currents are added in IMP4 (ZTAT current).
IMP4 is copied into IMP6 and flows in R3 to produce a ZTAT output voltage as given by the expression you have derived.

The short version of expression is that you add a PTAT current to a CTAT current to get a zero to absolute temperature (ZAT) current.
PTAT comes from \[\Delta\] VEB /R1 = VT ln (n) / R1.
CTAT voltage VEB is divided by (R2 + (R4||R5) to give a CTAT current.
Both currents are added in IMP4 (ZTAT current).
IMP4 is copied into IMP6 and flows in R3 to produce a ZTAT output voltage as given by the expression you have derived.
Thanks very much for the detailed description. I study it and if needed further I will discusses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back