Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandgap Reference : Ground current < 1uA

Status
Not open for further replies.

raduga_in

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can someone tell me where can I get references for a bandgap reference ckt with the
ground current < 1uA ?

TIA

Raduga

Yes, but resistors will be large and circuit will have very slow.

Thanks gevy .. can you please provide me any reference paper / doc regarding this ?

TIA

Raduga

Yes. I designed one. Any conventional BG structure can be adopted. Very small current (for example:50nA) can be used for a branch. One important thing is to check noise performance because small current design might lead to big 1/f noise.

I hear my colleagues design power managerment circuit, there is bandgap which current is less than 1uA. I think a big value resistor is necessary.

Thanks leo_02 and jecyhale for your reply..

is there any possible ref. from the literature you can quote for
such a type of bandgape ref. .. like IEE/IEEE papers etc ..

TIA
Raduga

big mismatch will happen

low current means you will have to worry about the BJTs saturation currents at high temperatures.. IS increases with temp and this affects your transistors beta.

I am going to design a low_power bandgap (Ivdd<1uA,vdd=3.3) use UMC 0.18 process.
Have somebody the experience how to choose the collector current of PNP? and how's the mismatch?
Thanks

I saw a bgr with most of its tr worked in subthreshold area. and with about several Mohm res.
a branch of the circuit only consume 10-50nA.
but may be need LPF to decrease its noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back