Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Band Pass Filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashanthbarla

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all,
Can I design a Band Pass Filter Using cascade connection of LPF and HPF for a BW of 270K?(narrow BPF)

Hi,

Yes, you can design that way too. If you choose the 3 or 6dB cut-off frequency of the low pass filter to be the needed band pass's upper cut-off frequency and you choose the 3 or 6dB cut-off frequency of the high pass filter to be the needed band pass's lower cut-off frequency, then you are done.
The frequency range you choose between the two cut-off frequencies will determine the 3 or 6dB bandwidth of your band pass filter thus created. Of course the steepness or the attenuation of your band pass filter outside your needed passband will be the same steepness or attenuation like your low and high pass filters have got at your unwanted frequencies. (I mean do not expect wonders from this solution.)

unkarc

prashanthbarla said:
HI all,
Can I design a Band Pass Filter Using cascade connection of LPF and HPF for a BW of 270K?(narrow BPF)

I think you can.
But please confirm there bandwidth and gain in band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back