Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

balun simulation in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i have made a center tapped balun structure in hfss using metal layers 6, 5 & 4. It is of interleaved type i.e. primary & secondary winding are formed on the same metal layer(here metal 6 to achieve high value of Q ).

the real problem is how to do its analysis by using lumped ports in driven terminal mode & extract the equivalent ckt model parameters.

Does anyone have a solution over this??????

Thanks in Advance.......

I am also facing this problem, seeking for a solution

I am also facing this problem, seeking for a solution

hi royal1428,

i will tell u what i did in hfss.

I created the outer ring like structure made of PEC material & joined the lumped ports to it using rectangle.

i.e. one port of primary & two other ports of secondary winding while for the remaining 2 ports i have applied perfect E boundary so that they are properly grounded & did 3 port simulation.

HFSS gives S parameters. So i plotted phase diff = s21-s31 & i am getting approx 180 degree phase shift.

Now i dont know how to extract the parasitics parameters & the equivalent model.

can u please give me the image of your equi ckt.

I m thinking on it & will reply u if i get some idea.

Reply if u can follow the same procedure & getting the results on hfss.

hi all,

how to find the mutual inductance between two coils in hfss?????????????

Reactions: Yanie1

Yanie1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.