Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balun for LOG-P Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeonRFI

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings from Alberton in South Africa. I wondered if anybody on the group can advise me what balun I should use on a HF Log-P antenna. I have an antenna made by Tennadyne and I don't like to feed the antenna with the coax hanging from the far tip of the boom at 45 degrees down, firstly it looks terrible and secondly in my opinion will need a lot of maintenance from the movement when the wind blows, all and all it just seem as a cop out to do the job properly. I want to feed the antenna close to the point where the antenna bolt to the mast, and run coax from this point to the transmitter. From reading on the internet some suggest to put a current balun at the mounting of the mast and a second balun closer to the feed point, is this necessary? Practically I think to run coax from the balun at the mast mounting inside the bottom boom to the tip then connect directly to the front end of the boom by making a "hairpin" arrangement to the top boom from the center of the coax. What will the specifications / design info be for a DIY balun for this project?

Thank you in advance for your comments on this issue.
Best regards
Deon ZS6RFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back