Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balun for 436mhz design with 50Ohn impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rujul Desai

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am working on RF design and use CC115l IC for 433Mhz 50 ohm. now i want to get 436Mhz with same IC , so what necessary changes are required? like component value change, or add more components etc.

please give reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

As a starting point, consider that the balun components used in the reference design have at least 5% tolerance and are at best selected from an E24 (about 10% step) series. So the nominal balun center frequency can't be met better than 10 or 20 MHZ. Means there won't be a problem to use the 434 MHz band balun for a frequency slightly below or above.

Davenn's point of using a legal frequency range applies nervertheless.

Hi,
Thanks for reply,

if i use same components value for 433Mhz transmission freq then how can i get 436Mhz transmission freq?
and we need pcb antenna for 436Mhz so please suggest for it.

Hi all,

I am working on RF design and use CC115l IC for 433Mhz 50 ohm. now i want to get 436Mhz with same IC , so what necessary changes are required? like component value change, or add more components etc.

please give reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

No changes are required if you follow the directions.

hi,

Can you please suggest that how to calculate balun component value and LC filter component?

Thanks

Calculation isn't easy, particularly for the balun, the method is basically discussed in a TI application note for the 2.4GHz chips, see the link here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/333609/

But you don't need to calculate anything, you're fine with the 434 MHz values, as previously explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back