Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Back Annotate Problem from Layout to Capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasePointer

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

I have just finished my design in Layout and back annotated it to capture by creating a swap file from layout after renaming components.

But I have a big problem now, all components in capture have wrong value! and part reference.

How can I solve this problem ?
Please help me.

10x

from what i have ever experience the problem might not be solvable.
i was use to be told not to back annotate. U might have to do the capture manually.
its more advisable to do the layout after capturing schematic.
perhaps u have to look at the design fr layout n label in schematic manually.

taring77

You have to maintain sync by doing a backannotation before you make any changes to the schematic. Then, all component placements and net properties will be inside the schematic database.

After verifying the sync, modify your schematic and forward annotate.

Watch the ECO options carefully before doing this. There's a large number of options that will screw up your MAX file.

:sm19:

Sorry, you're more or less screwed after the damage is done with back annotation. The Swap file is the way to go though....

1. BACKUP everthing in Pads and Orcard before you re-annotate. (I still do this, even though the process is down pat.)

2. Use ECO mode in Pads to create the re-annotation file (.swp extension)

3. Strip out the header and footer information from the .swp file. While your in there, check a few re-annotations by hand for sanity's sake.

4. "Back Annotate..." should fold the changes in (without errors). Make sure you are consistent with running it over the "design" or "selection". In most cases, you'd use "design".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back