Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

B10B Encoder/Decoder source code examples in Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

s8319

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone show me the 8B10B Encoder/Decoder source code examples in Verilog?
Which implementation architecture is better? Just using the look-up table or the circiuts introduced by the original IBM papers?
Thank you!

8b 10b encoding table

s8319 said:
Which implementation architecture is better? Just using the look-up table or the circiuts introduced by the original IBM papers?
Thank you!
It depends on your optimization criteria. IMHO, memory (LUT) will give better timings, while combinational logic (implementation from IBM) demands less area.

8b10b table

maksya said:
s8319 said:
Thank you!
It depends on your optimization criteria. IMHO, memory (LUT) will give better timings, while combinational logic (implementation from IBM) demands less area.

If I want to implement 64B/66B (or 64B/65B), will memory (LUT) still give better timings?

8b/10b table

ray123 said:
maksya said:
s8319 said:
Thank you!

If I want to implement 64B/66B (or 64B/65B), will memory (LUT) still give better timings?
I suppose it will be so. But nevetheless it will be usefull to check it in practice :)

8b/10b encoding table

maksya said:
s8319 said:
Thank you!

Is the timing improvement achieved by the synthesis choice or just because of the LUT architecture?

8b 10b

s8319 said:
Is the timing improvement achieved by the synthesis choice or just because of the LUT architecture?
LUT is just a memory. So, only read operation is required. And in the case of combinational logic we need to calculate new value of code.

8b/10b verilog

maksya said:
s8319 said:
LUT is just a memory. So, only read operation is required. And in the case of combinational logic we need to calculate new value of code.

So you mean that usinng a 256 branch look up table? Not the 5b6b +3b4b stylre? that would be huge in area!

8b 10b encoding verilog

s8319 said:
maksya said:
s8319 said:

So you mean that usinng a 256 branch look up table? Not the 5b6b +3b4b stylre? that would be huge in area!
But faster!

Re: 8B10B source code

How can I find 64/66b encoder/decoder and 128/130b encoder/decoder? Thanks.

Can anyone show me the 8b/10b Encoder using LUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back