Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR studio 5 problem for C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I have used CCS and mikroC as PIC compiler.
now i am going to use AVR studio as AVR C compiler.
In beginning i am facing a problem about #define.
How can i define port as label like i want to use portb.0 as LED output.
when i write #define LED PORTB.0 it makes error.
what is the right way.

Secondly, from where i can get manual about C programing in AVR studio 5?
thanks in advance

In case you do not know, AVR studio 5 was the first version of AVR studio that uses Microsoft visual studio as a base. This was considered to be a very buggy program and not well received.

The latest AVR studio is version 7 and works much better. You can read about and download it here.

http://www.atmel.com/Microsite/atmel-studio/compiler-editor.aspx

Why you don't use another compiler and then by FLIP "burn" the program in the flash. for example in eclipse you can use avr-gcc y avr-libc as compilers and toolchain AVR.

Then when you get the .hex you can use FLIP.

In my opinion atmel do not gives good tools (you must think that the biggest comunity is germany), but the micros are good and robuts. Much better than PICs

#define LED PORTB.0

that's bad. Try: #define LED_PORTB 0

Secondly, from where i can get manual about C programing in AVR studio 5?
You need to read any books of C programing. Then the AVR lib you can see it on the AVR studio whit examples. For example if you use UC3A3 Xplained there is librery which abstract the hardware configuration.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.