Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR?RISC?presentation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlylonely

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avr project presentation

What is the AVR stands for? and RISC? what is the different between AVR and PIC?
can somebody explain? because i have a presentation on my AVR project. I scare for the Q&A section.
THANKS!!!

AVR stands for: Advanced Virtual RISC, the founders: Alf egil bogen, Vegard wollan, and Risc (also forms AVR).

RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computer)

at the risk of being rude i would want to ask you that you have built a project based on the AVR microcontroller and this question didnt come into your mind before????? really strange!!!!!!!

anyway according to microchip PIC doesnt stand for anything. its just "PIC" !!!!!!!!

but from numerous discussions around the internet i think its actually Programmable interface controller. but who cares what it means!!!!!!

sorry... I have an opinion about this case

AVR is the easiest microcontroller ... it is easy to program and easy to build a programmer ,in fact you need no programmer...!!!

AVR is devloped for Industrial applications,beside the electronics

lets see .... AVR compilers are so so powerful and support many devices directly as prepared modules,meant basic and C compilers.

but it is not very easy to fiend references about AVR

RISC is some kind of "class" of microcontrolers. A microcontroler is RISC means that it has less instructions than "normal" microcontrolers, but it's faster/cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.