Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avr attiny26 fuse bits messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmandl

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I was programming my attiny26 device with usbtiny programmer and I obviously accidently messed up clock fuse bits, because I have no experience with avr's yet. I used this site to calculate my fuse bits two bytes. It was as following:
-U lfuse:w:0x83:m -U hfuse:w:0xf7:m
When I enter terminal mode in avrdude and send "part" command, I get this info:
AVR Part : ATTINY26
Chip Erase delay : 9000 us
PAGEL : PB3
BS2 : PB2
RESET disposition : dedicated
RETRY pulse : SCK
serial program mode : yes
parallel program mode : yes
Timeout : 200
StabDelay : 100
CmdexeDelay : 25
SyncLoops : 32
ByteDelay : 0
PollIndex : 3
PollValue : 0x53
Memory Detail :

Block Poll Page Pol
led
Memory Type Mode Delay Size Indx Paged Size Size #Pages MinW MaxW ReadB
ack
----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ------
---
eeprom 4 10 64 0 no 128 0 0 9000 9000 0xff 0
xff
flash 33 6 16 0 yes 2048 32 64 4500 4500 0xff 0
xff
signature 0 0 0 0 no 3 0 0 0 0 0x00 0
x00
lock 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0
x00
lfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0
x00
hfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0
x00
calibration 0 0 0 0 no 4 0 0 0 0 0x00 0
x00

I hope, this info is usefull. I tryed to generate some square wave signal from other microcontroller (PIC and AVR) of about 1Mhz frequency, but I can't get it to be recognized by usbtiny programmer. Is there any other idea, how to reset fuse bits?
Thank you for all your answers.

I don't see anything wrong with your fuse settings, they are set to internal RC 4MHz.

Try to use http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr8_burn_o_mat_avrdude_gui_en.html which is a front end for avrdude.
Use the settings to set the programmer to usbtiny and try to read the fuse to see if you have connection.
If you can connect program the chip with your hex file.

I can't connect to avr device, because it's recognisable. It recognized atmega8, witch is only one I have besides this one (tiny26). What else can I do?

- - - Updated - - -

What about this bit: PLLCK. I disabled it, when writing fuses. Is maybe this a cause, that usbtiny doesn't recognize it?

If the fuses are the ones you have provided then there is no problem with them.

What do you get when you write

Code:
avrdude -c usbtiny -p t26

- - - Updated - - -

also double check the power supply and pin connections

I get "Initialization failed, rc=-1" and "check connections" message. All connections are OK, as I was saying it can recognize my atmega8 avr device, so connections are OK, I tipple checked them.

Are you sure that you were originally able to connect and program the tiny26 with the fuses?
I mean you were able to connect normally and this stopped as soon as you changes the fuses?

Assuming that the problem is with the fuses we can't know what you have written , it isn't what you said because then it would work fine.

Possible problems may be

reset disabled
ISP disabled
clock set to external clock or crystal or low freq crystal (32768)

For the first two you'll need a parallel programmer to restore it or a fusebit doctor (**broken link removed**), for the clocks you just need to use the appropriate clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.