Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

avoiding damaging controller during UART communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am trying to communicate with my board which uses efm32lg230f256 controller.
I want to buy a cable for RS232 UART communication which properties shown in the table and link bellow.
In the table bellow from the data sheet i cant see to what voltage the controller can accept?
There could be situation where my PC will send a command with a higher values then the controller can handle and damage it.
How can i make sure it wont happen?
Thanks.

1593521830296.png

1593522868486.png

Last edited:

Of course the cable datasheet can't tell about the controller input voltage. The cable has 3.3V logic not RS232 level. It should work with any 3.3V controller. You find details about the controller IO voltages in the DC characteristics datasheet section.

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes on page 63 ,on the section you said to look in i saw VDD=3V and IOVoltage 3.3V .

So i assume that this cable is safe to work with my controller.
Thanks.
1593537606323.png

1593537699353.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back