Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avoid daylight for IR receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truvahorse

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the methods avoiding daylight interfacing when receive IR signals.

Thanks advance.

truvahorse said:
What are the methods avoiding daylight interfacing when receive IR signals.

Thanks advance.

This is not a software request. Moved here!

erickki

I had this problem with visual light sensors circuit. What I did was built a wheatstone bridge circuit with sensors on two opposite sides of the bridge and two resistors for the other two legs. Since it is a balanced bridge, the output is zero when light hit both sensors. When one sensor received light from my transmitter, the bridge became unbalanced and I detected it. This thing worked great! Completely insensitive to ambient light but detected the modulated light wave easily.

Toonafishy's is a good idea, but is there anything wrong with using plain old IR filter materal.

normally you use a transimpedance-amplifier with a high-pass-filter. the high-pass-characteristic can be integrated as a feedback path which feeds back a dc to low-frequency current. in this way you can get a rather high dynamic range / and snr for the whole system.

The IR plastic material that only passes IR is a good start. The sunlight will cause a constant current to flow which has two effects. One is to put a DC bias on your circuit. The other is to make broad band noise. The cure for both of these problems is to use a pulsing signal for the desired one and at a high frequency. Use a bandpass amplifier in the receive path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back